Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Visa 2008 Olympics

Visa, the only credit card accepted at the Olympic games, has launched a series of ads with voice overs from Morgan Freeman! Hey, if he can make a documentary about penguins a success, attracting viewers to the controversial Beijing summer games should be a piece of cake.

In a way, the black and gold colors coupled with Mr. Freeman's harmonic narration are very moving. Here's the main commercial, titled "Come Together":



There's a few others featuring classic Olympic moments and popular athletes. I ranked them in order, with my favorites being first:

Derek Redmond - The music really helps to make this an emotional ad. It's truly amazing when a commercial has the power to make your eyes water in a mere 30 seconds. Sorry about the video quality.

Bob Beamon - I like the way Bob looks as he's flying through the air... And that record is just insane.

Michael Phelps - Probably the most beloved American swimmer. Personally, he lost my faith when he got a DUI in 2004. But I like this one because it looks like he's swimming in beer!

Kerri Strug - In my opinion, she could have stuck the landing a tad better.

Nastia Liukin - Okay, this one is just lame.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

uhhhh are you serious? nastia luikin is way better than you so dont call her lame. kthanxbye

sdrawkcabton88 said...

All olympic athletes are great (and most likely better than me). I just think the ad was lame.